A BI solution strategy outlines the best combination of techniques and technologies to meet the business intelligence[BI] of any one organization.
It provides a strategic perspective of the ability to deliver consistent, timely information in a format the supports corporate performance management using a combination of traditional and non-traditional methodologies and technology.
- BI Vision – driving your BI strategy
- BI Objectives – keeping BI objectives connected to corporate strategy
- BI Drivers – what is propelling you to adopt a BI Culture
- BI Constraints – where are the tough spots, or barriers, that need to be overcome for the strategy to be achieved in full.
- The BI Lifecycle – understanding the natural progression path in BI
- BI Strategy Document – what it contains and how to put it together
Gail La Grouw’s two books on Business Intelligence provide full frameworks for designing and implementing BI competence across the organisation.
- The Logical Organisation – is a comprehensive executives strategic guide to using business intelligence.
- The BI Strategy Guide – provides a detailed framework for the design and implementation of a BI competency.
Find out more about these books, and others in the TLO Management Insight Series here.